Enjoy Your Spring Break with a Fun, Affordable Staycation
If you’re not able to go on vacation for Spring Break, have no fear. We’ve got ideas for affordable local entertainment for you and your friends. So pack your bags, hop in the car and get ready to go on some fun-filled adventures.
- Take a trip to Amicalola Falls in Dawsonville. It’s free to hike the 729-foot mountain, you just have to pay to park, which only costs $5. It’s open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. If you plan to be there most of the day, bring a sack lunch to enjoy amidst the beautiful scenery. Also, if you want to do more than just hike, check out this website. It lists special events at Amicalola Falls State Park going on throughout the week, but they take place mostly on Tuesdays, Saturdays and Sundays. Whatever you end up doing at Amicalola, you’re sure to have a fun experience without having to spend a ton of money, and get a little exercise in too!
- Since it is Spring Break, you’re probably longing for the beach. So take a day trip to Lake Chatuge Beach, also known as the Hiawassee Beach, which is just a little over an hour from from Dahlonega. Be sure to pack your sunscreen, a bottle of water, a sack lunch, and get in the car and go! It’s free, so don’t worry about having to spend any money once you’re there. For more information, visit this website.
- Take a day trip to Helen and enjoy a whole day of fun. You can play mini-golf, shop at a variety of stores and dine at your choice of restaurants. Don’t forget to visit a candy shop while you’re there, such as the famous Hansel and Gretel Candy Kitchen. You can make this trip as inexpensive as you need it to be. You will probably have to pay for parking, but other than that, you will not be forced to spend a dime. The key is to plan out your day ahead of time. Go to this website to find out about all the fun things you can do, and how much they cost.
- If you’re willing to spend a little more money, consider heading up to the town of Blue Ridge to go horseback riding. A one-hour trail ride costs only $25 at Adventure Trail Rides. But be sure to book at least 24 hours in advance. Visit this website for more information.
- Atlanta is a great staycation destination – there is just so much to do! Visit the World of Coca-Cola or stroll around Centennial Olympic Park for little or no cost. You can also check out the High Museum of Art, Z00 Atlanta, or go see a play at The Fox Theater. This website lists more than 50 things you could do on a day trip in Atlanta.
For even more inexpensive staycation ideas, sign up to receive emails from sites such as Half Off Depot and Groupon. They send out emails every day with great deals for adventures in and around Atlanta. It’s a great way to find something fun to do, without having to spend a lot of money. Whatever you do for your staycation, be safe, have fun and enjoy your time off.